Saturday, January 31, 2015

Reminiscence

There once was a time when I didn't worry about things.
A time when I did not heed the significance of hard work and sacrifice.
It was a simpler time…
A time where all that mattered to me were bruised knees and soccer games. A time when all that really seemed to matter was having fun.
I remember those days fondly, and though they have long since faded into oblivion, I take comfort that I may call on them in my times of need; when responsibility and linear, adult productivity have abandoned me.
Responsibility entraps us all one day… it reaches from the complicated, rule-filled pit of society, always groping for our souls until, at last, it clasps our hand and drags us back down with it. Whilst it is a necessary, inevitable transformation, I believe that we need not completely envelope ourselves in the mundane responsibility of everyday life.
It is important - no, instrumental - that we remain creative. That the little, ambitious child in each and every one of us survive, so that we may strive to help other, future generations become like we were. Creative and fun.
We cannot allow the rules and regulations of school and work stack upon us. We must break off the chains and reclaim our rightful throne amidst the sea of law-abiding, boring societal norms. Of everything we earn in this lifetime, it is only our memories that will prevail in the final, proving moments.
It is our duty to make sure they are good ones.


Shake off your chains. Avail yourself of your limitless, child-like creativity.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment