Monday, April 13, 2015

I Remember...

I remember my first friend. It was at the beginning of school, a place I considered foreign and dangerous at the time.
I remember my first teacher, someone I had a crush on. Don't judge, you had one too, I know it.
I remember a simpler time.
I remember my crayons.
I remember the Hulk stickers I coated my bike with. I thought the training wheels made me look like the green superhero.
I remember the Darth Vader stickers all over my dresser.
I remember watching the Mummy with my baby sister on VHS. We loved it, but were terrified of it.
I remember going on the Mummy ride with my sister and thinking back to when we were young.
I remember my first bad grade…
…So do my parents.
I remember going to see King Kong. I remember the inspiration it gave me.
I remember writing my first variation of my sic-fi book. It was only twelve pages. I thought it was the thickest book I'd ever touched.
I remember publishing my first book. It was musty and hard bound.
I thought it was the thickest book I'd ever touched. I was so proud of my work.
I remember looking at my book later.
It's not the thickest book in the whole, wide world.
But it's mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment