Thursday, April 23, 2015

Pacemaker

"Are you an interesting guy?"
That's what started this whole relationship, between my heart and I. 
I told him, "No, not really."
And he said to me, "I think you are."
I wasn't so sure. I mean - look at me. So, I asked him, "What makes you say that?" 
He smiled exuberantly. 
"You don't have a pacemaker. 
And I'm not talking about the one you wear to keep me pumping, the metallic hunk of junk clogging all the space in your chest. 
No, I'm talking about a pacemaker that everyone seems to have. 
One that ties them down to work, family, or whatever the crap else humans seem to care about. 
I don't see one on you. 
You can take risks easily. 
You dream big, I dream big. 
You like games, so do I. 
The sky's the limit with you.
So, I guess I just answered my own question: 
You are an interesting person. 
Let's hang out."
said my heart. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment