Saturday, February 21, 2015

The Brick of Legend

Allow me to introduce myself. I am a brick. 
What do you think of when you hear that word? That name? Do you imagine someone being pelted to death with that particular object, or do you imagine something being built - like a school or home? Personally, I'd like to imagine something of legend whenever I hear that name. 
I would be delighted to conjure up a tale of a terrific hero that existed long ago; a hero that helped people and had many accolades to his name. A story of Indiana Brick swinging around on his whip whilst vanquishing the forces of evil and discovering rich treasures. 
But, sadly, that is not to be. Perhaps it will never be. Bricks like me have gained a sinister reputation over the course of their life. They can be used for evil - bludgeoning someone to death, thrown through a window, or knocking something else over. They can also be used for good - building structures, supporting a piece of paper that won't stay down, etc. 
The character of a brick can be hard to discern from actions alone, though. Have you ever considered the fact that I may not what to be used for something evil or good; that I might want to be the master of my own destiny? I may be an inanimate object, but that doesn't mean I can't do great things. All you have to do is allow me the chance to try. 
Why won't you?

1 comment:

  1. LOL. Indiana Brick. I love it.

    And how interesting. A brick can either kill or build. Depending on how you use it. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete