Saturday, March 7, 2015

I Don't Want

I don't want this to sound poetic; no one takes poets seriously.
At least I don't.
I don't want to fall into mediocrity. Mediocre is not something I was born for. I don't want to fail - in life, in filmmaking, in family. I don't want to be addicted, to be controlled, or prioritized. I don't want to be a worthless cog, forced to perpetuate a boring, mundane lifestyle of work. Work. Work.
I don't want to be homeless, to be robbed, or be a real estate agent. I don't want to be an agent of anything, for that matter.
I don't want people to discount me simply for being a teenager, or for slacking in one area to improve another.
I don't want.
I don't want.
I don't want.
I don't want to end up an old man, filled with regret. The first of those being this ends up sounding poetic.

2 comments: