Saturday, March 14, 2015

Thanatophobia

You're in a room. Trapped. Unable to breathe. Unable to move. Your heart's racing, ready to pounce free of your chest. You don't know what to do… and it scares you. 
That's where I come in. 
I am fear. That monster underneath your bed, the spider brandishing its fangs, the yawning chasm spread out before you. 
Most people tend to discount me. They shut me out, not willing to listen. Not willing to give in. No matter how hard they try, however, they cannot avoid me.
You cannot avoid me. Not any more than you can avoid the labels on your clothes, or the consumerist logos that surround you. I'm in your face. And I've got nothing better to do. 
I can quicken your heartbeat, tear your sanity to ruins, and destroy anyone in my path. But, I can also give you hope. The short little burst of energy you need to survive. The key to your escape, because you're still in that room. 
For how can you truly live and continue living without the most powerful impulse of the spirit: the fear of death. 
I know you. You don't want to admit that fear, that I, am a necessary evil. 
But, I'm not going anywhere. 
Avail yourself of my ageless knowledge. 
Your future begins with me. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment